Become a Volunteer Surveyor
General Statement of Duties
Arrange and conduct accessibility surveys in the community according to the APAB program procedures. Demonstrate professional conduct, and promote and preserve Independent Living philosophy and consumer control.
- Receive training on State and Federal accessibility regulations.
- Learn how to conduct accessibility surveys of local businesses including restaurants, movie theaters, office businesses, medical facilities and more.
- Receive a stipend (if available) for completed surveys.
- $50 stipend (if available) for each completed survey.
- Participate in training to complete the Business Survey forms and to develop competence with the measuring tools.
- Contact local businesses in the community, as assigned.
- Coordinate and complete APAB surveys with assigned businesses.
- Assist with Community Education public presentations to businesses.
- Entering survey data into APAB online data portal.
- Seek supervision and training as needed.
- Person with disability and/or with skills necessary to establish effective peer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literate in internet and email applications.
- Commitment and skills to work as part of ILCNSCA team.
- Responsible for own transportation.
- Must be committed to Independent Living Philosophy.
Signup to volunteer